There are some things that happen now that I never would have imagined as a single man or even a non-parent. I thought I’d start a little list here and maybe update it over the years as E gives me more and more to laugh about.
I hope this strikes a chord with some other parents out there
- Nap time is cool again – for parents
- Bathroom door locks are a good thing
- Doors must be opened very slowly
- Gates are your friend
- Two parents are much better than one…heck, three might even be allowable!
- Getting up at 6:30 in the morning was EARLY
- You could go to the bathroom by yourself
- You got to listen to YOUR music in the car
- Walks in the parks didn’t require a stroller and a snails pace
- You could exercise?
- You were able to leave home with just your stuff
- Overnight trips didn’t require 7 pieces of luggage
- You could use your own cell phone without a tiny pair of hands all over it
- You finished a conversation
- After bedtime, the house didn’t become like a library (shhhhh)
- TV shows weren’t all animated
- YOU NEVER KNEW HOW HAPPY YOU COULD BE!!!!